Menu

ABS and Stabilitrak Issues

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here ABS and Stabilitrak Issues

• Creator
    Topic
    Robert S.Robert Soto
    Participant

Hello all,

I have a 2012 Buick Regal. Over the last few weeks, I have been having issues where the ABS and stablitrak lights turning on intermittently.

It’s happened a few times and it’s typically the same. Usually it happens while I’m driving in the snow. Everything works fine and both systems function like they are supposed to work then toward the end of the trip (about 20 minutes) both light turns on the on and I notice that the stablitrak system won’t engage anymore.

Once I get home, I turn the car off. The next morning I turn the car and the lights are still on but turn off as soon I begin to backup. The next time I need it (i.e. the next snow storm) it works just fine then like the time before it the lights turn on again and same thing happens.

The last time the abs and stablitrak lights turned on, it turned out to be bad rear hub assemblies which I changed a year ago and everything worked fine until now. However that time it was obvious that it was the hub assemblies because they were making lots of noise.

This time I haven’t noticed anything obvious like that.

On a side note, when I changed the hubs last year I also changed the pads and rotors for all 4 wheels. At the same time that the abs issues started this time, I also began to hear some slight squeeling coming from the front brakes. I’m not sure if that’s related or not.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…