Menu

Abs sensor lines too short!!!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Abs sensor lines too short!!!

Tagged: ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Chris GidulaChris Gidula
    Participant

Do they make an extension cable for abs lines?

Okay, back story… Once upon a time in a galaxy far far away… No, wait that’s a different story.

I recently acquired a 2002 F150 with a 14″ lift. After taking apart the dash because I noticed the check engine light wasn’t coming on. I pulled off 2 pieces of tape covering 1 the “service engine soon” and 2 the “abs” light. Now I was able to defeat the service light by buying and installing new pipes that actually had O2 sensors and catalytic converters. The ABS light is my next obstacle and I’m starting with the front because I believe the previous owner zip-tied them out of the way under the hood. I don’t know where the third one is but I figured I knock out the front and then hunt for the rear diff one. Also, the weird thing is when I ran a diagnostic last night in my driveway the light was on and the sensors were all reporting I was going 3mph. Another head-scratcher is the light only comes on sporeractically with no rhyme or reason I can tell.

So my question again, just in case you got lost in my story, Do they make custom abs (speed sensor) lines or do I need to Frankenstein some together for it to work? I really hate idiot lights being on in my dash.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

They do make them, but I’m not sure how you ensure the connectors are correct. Here is an example:

Otherwise, it’s probably a 2 wire circuit, if you are good with wiring/soldering/heat shrink it may not be too difficult to extend them yourself.

Chris GidulaChris Gidula
        Participant

That’s what I was thinking… I have way too many accessories not to know how to manually extend a wire. I just figured a mass-produced one would be cleaner.

Thanks,
          Chris

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…