Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Acura Integra dash lights still fluctuate with new alternator

Acura Integra dash lights still fluctuate with new alternator

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Acura Integra dash lights still fluctuate with new alternator

• Creator
    Topic
    Patrick SmithPatrick Smith
    Participant

I just replaced the alternator on my 94 Integra GSR last night. The alternator I took off was one that I installed in late 2004, which was given to me by a friend when I had no money. It originally came from a 99-00 EM1 Civic Si, so the alternator itself was probably 20 years old, and on my car for 16 of those years. Plus I think it was a 70-amp unit.

I’ve had some issues with dash lights fluctuating, especially with engine speed. So I replaced the alternator with a new re-manufactured OEM Denso 90-amp alternator. When I drove the car last night, the dash lights still seem to fluctuate just slightly, getting brighter at higher engine RPM.

One thing to note over the years is that my batteries tend to die after 3 years or so. I’ve been through quite a few in the last 15 years. At least 4, maybe 5. My current battery in the car is only 3 months short of 5 years old, so maybe the fluctuating lights are a sign of the battery going bad?

So either faulty alternator, old battery going bad, or possibly something else?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Patrick SmithPatrick Smith.
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…