Menu

Acura Vigor – ECU Replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Acura Vigor – ECU Replacement

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Juan De LeonJuan De Leon
    Participant

1993 Acura Vigor 2.5L

Hello to all!!

I have been frustrated with Error Codes 14 (Electronic Idle Control Valve), Code 23 (Front Knock Sensor) and Code 53 (Rear Knock Sensor).

I have already replaced all 3 parts with new parts.

I have erased all codes by removing backup fuse.

When car starts the CHECK ENGINE light will not go on immediately. However after less than a 1/4 later it comes on.

My next step is to replace the ECU. If I do that, does this particular vehicle require reprogramming of the ECU?

Is there anything else you suggest for getting rid of these Error Codes other than replacing the ECU is my last resort?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Have you fully inspected and tested all the associated wiring pertaining to those codes all the way back to the ECU?

Juan De LeonJuan De Leon
        Participant

Hi Richard. Actually, that is one of the first things I did. Everything seems to check out. I did a continuity test and everything seems good for each pin. Is it possible that other factors might cause those same codes? Even though it wasn’t indicated, I also replaced both O2 sensors but still same result. Brand new gas filter and ran 2 cans of CRC Guaranteed to Pass Emissions Cleaner and still no change. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The car runs incredible! I put in an engine that was imported from Japan under their emissions regulations with a certified 43,289 miles on it and it is just so clean. I can’t explain why I am getting those codes. Anything else I might try?

Participant

Whoa … hold on there a second …
            You installed an imported Japan engine in this vehicle?
            If so…
            First question, is the vehicle also a Japan import? where was this vehicle originally from? was the vehicle from another country?
            Are both the same year?
            Do you know if they are speced the same, with the exact same engine components and pin outs?

Juan De LeonJuan De Leon
            Participant

Yes. The Acura Vigor is a very unique vehicle and only produced for 3 years from what I understand. The engine came directly from Japan. As you may well know, all Japanese vehicles are decommissioned at 50,000 miles due to their strict emission laws. The engine came with a certification of 43,000+ miles. Exact same model, exact same year. Are you familiar with the Acura Vigor?

Participant

You did not answer the questions…
                What country was the car purchased in?
                Example, was the vehicle purchased in the United States.
                If so, it may not operate with a JDM engine.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…