Menu

Aftermarket Radio Installation in 00′ Chevy Cav

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Aftermarket Radio Installation in 00′ Chevy Cav

• Creator
    Topic
    Matt BrandsemaMatt Brandsema
    Participant

I am installing an after market radio in my brothers 2000 Chevy Cavalier. I have the wiring diagram, except there is one discrepancy. The radio has a wire for “IGNITION +12V” but there is no wire for this going to the stock radio. I read that I will have to run a wire from the ignition switch to the radio. But I am unsure of which wire to run. If anyone could help me out with a wiring diagram and tell me which one I need to run to the radio that would be awesome!

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

The forum seems to be all over this one so I’m going to sit back and watch. Much of what has been said I already agree with and don’t see the point in repeating. Personally, I’d keep looking for a harness connector as that would make your life SOOO much easier.

Keep us posted and thank you forum!

MatthewMatthew
        Participant

I have a aftermarket deck in my lanos does anyone know if the SONY CDX-GT200 deck has a auto dimming feature (display dims when headlights are on)?

Lord IhcalamLord Ihcalam
          Participant

check the owners manual. or on sony’s website

DanrieDanrie
            Participant

I have a 2000 chevy cavalier as well. I ran into the same problem and after several research, I found the answer. You have to use a separate wire for ignition wire. You connect it to the wire from the radio. I believe it is a red wire? Anyway you take the ignition wire from the radio and wire it to your fuse box in your car. The one on the driver side. You tap the wire next to the fuse. You will have to look at the diagram, but there is one that says ignition or something. you will have to put a fuse in there and then like I said the wire goes next to it and sits in there. hope this helps man

michael bakermichael baker
              Participant

so what should i do i bought a 2000 cavalier and the previous owner had already taken the stock stereo out and i have tried hooking up a aftermarket deck. i finally got the stereo to come on, but there is no sound. have checked and there is a full circuit, do i need to just hardwire them in?

Viewing 5 replies - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…