Menu

ASE Work Experience Requirements

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Technicians Only ASE Work Experience Requirements

• Creator
    Topic
    Caleb StovallCaleb Stovall
    Participant

The ASE requires two years of hands on work experience in order to pass their requirements.
      At the moment I am working at a tire and lube place called Best One Tire and Service.
      Does this count towards the two years experience that I need to get my ASE or do I actually have to have two years experience as an automotive technician?
      If working at a tire and lube place doesn’t count for the experience I need for my ASE what kind of job should I be looking for to satisfy this requirement? It seems everywhere is only looking for ASE Certified Master technicians so I view this job as finally being able to get ‘my foot in the door’ so to speak.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jason WhiteJason White
      Participant

You will need your employer to fill out a work experience paper which is on the ASE website. As long as it’s an automotive shop then it qualifies.

Caleb StovallCaleb Stovall
        Participant

Okay, thank you for clarifying. I’ve been reading through a lot of their website material and the information seems to be very vague at times.

NickNick
          Participant

Certain things count and work toward different experience for ASE. While I was at Vocational High school two years of school counted as 1 year work experience. After 1 year in the field and 2 years in vocational school i qualified to take my first test. You may have to ask to verify where you have been working counts toward your that experience. I passed my A5 brakes test when i was 19 years old.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…