Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Audi A4 B8 DPF frequent regens and problems

Audi A4 B8 DPF frequent regens and problems

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Audi A4 B8 DPF frequent regens and problems

• Creator
    Topic
    Mircea LunguMircea Lungu
    Participant

Hi. I have a 2010 Audi A4 B8 170hp ( CAHA ) and my DPF is acting up. I have to mention since I got the car, I have changed the EGR and one injector. When I first got the car, driving home I noticed the spiral flashing sign on the dashboard. I didn’t pay much attention to it, I used to just stop the car and it would disappear. Now a few months later I finally tracked it down to being part of DPF regens. Due to driving habits and driving a lot in the city my DPF basically got clogged up to almost 50g, and although the car went into LIMP mode I managed to unclog it to 1g (entry) and 4g(out) with someone’s help using a VCDS. There was also an error on one of the sensors which detects the temperature of exhaust gases so I replaced it. I now drive the car more revved up(~2500rpm) and change gears at 3000rpm minimum but even so it still seems to get clogged up. Today I took it for a drive through the city and traffic was not bad at all, what I noticed was for about an hour the car didn’t have any problems and the start/stop system was being deployed at red lights, but after a few more minutes while going uphill the water temperature suddenly jumped to 90 ( keep in mind that the water temperature almost always stays below 90 during driving even at 8 degrees C today) and the flashing spiral sign appeared on the dashboard again. So I took it on a long road trying to keep it in 4th and 5th gear but it would not disappear(and again the water temperature would sit BELOW 90 most of the time unless i was going uphill in like 5th gear) and eventually I stopped the car because I couldn’t keep driving forever, basically interrupting the “regen”. So my question is, what can I try to get my DPF in check? I have replaced the faulty sensor, I drive the car pretty sporty and rev it up a lot of the time, I don’t drive below 2000rpm, and I haven’t driven in bad traffic. Is it a possibility that one of my thermostats is not working properly too? I really don’t want to do a DPF delete but I really can’t figure this out. I also have to mention that I’ve driven the car maybe 4 times since I replaced the faulty sensor and I think 3 out of 4 times my car started a DPF regen. (even when I only traveled large distances at constant speed). Any help is appreciated, thanks.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…