Menu

Audi s5 b8 2009 misfire cyl 1 idle

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Audi s5 b8 2009 misfire cyl 1 idle

• Creator
    Topic
    ValentinValentin
    Participant

Hi,

I come here to have some help and information. I have Audi S5 2009 B9 TIPTRONIC. I have misfire than more few month only on Cylinder 1 and only under 1100RPM. I can feel the misfire at idle and I can see with my vag com and I have check engine light and Misfire cylinder 1 misfire code P0301.
      I made compression test all my cylinder have 12 bar (perfect engine condition from Elsawin)

I go to the Audi dealer and after 3 month and after changed engine ecu, swapped spark, coil and injector,..) after make compression test (perfect too) he send to me 2 invoice : 1- Change bottom complete engine 25000 euros 2-replace entire engine 26000euros..

Anyone can help me because for me its impossible to have dead engine if all cylinder have perfect good compression… and run perfect for driving. The symptom is only at idle and cold warn its better and no misfire and no check engine light..

Regards

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

What in the bottom engine was recommended they change? see if this helps.

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-automotive-performance-issues

ValentinValentin
        Participant

[quote=”college man” post=173578]What in the bottom engine was recommended they change? see if this helps.

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-automotive-performance-issues%5B/quote%5D

Hey thanks for your help. Audi told me this because for us Cylinder 1 must damaged.. For me its impossible with perfect compression test result.

ValentinValentin
          Participant

any help ? 🙂

RobRob
            Participant

[quote=”d3signz” post=173705]any help ? :)[/quote]
              with cylinder 1 misfire I find is sometime a geniric code that a lot of cars pop up with even when there is a problem with the MAP sencor it will sometime show a missfire cylinder 1
              did you do both a wet and dry compression test??? that would tell you how good your pisons and pistons rings are… and if there is any problem in the cylinder… next would be is a leak down test and see how its holding pressure in the cylinder’s
              what was the reading on the compression test both wet and dry on all clyinders??? if you can please list them

ValentinValentin
              Participant

[quote=”Rob781″ post=173706][quote=”d3signz” post=173705]any help ? :)[/quote]
                with cylinder 1 misfire I find is sometime a geniric code that a lot of cars pop up with even when there is a problem with the MAP sencor it will sometime show a missfire cylinder 1
                did you do both a wet and dry compression test??? that would tell you how good your pisons and pistons rings are… and if there is any problem in the cylinder… next would be is a leak down test and see how its holding pressure in the cylinder’s
                what was the reading on the compression test both wet and dry on all clyinders??? if you can please list them[/quote]

Dealer and garage only made classic compression test.

All result are perfect (12 bars) why make wet compression test if normal is good..

Yesterday I made personnaly a “Running compression test” and I show cylinder 1 have 1 bar lower ( 5 bar ) than other cylinder ( 6 bar)

RobRob
                Participant

[quote=”d3signz” post=173579][quote=”college man” post=173578]What in the bottom engine was recommended they change? see if this helps.

https://www.ericthecarguy.com/faq/solving-automotive-performance-issues%5B/quote%5D

Hey thanks for your help. Audi told me this because for us Cylinder 1 must damaged.. For me its impossible with perfect compression test result.[/quote]

with out doing a better testing I would serisaly have to question how they are saying the block or the sylinder is damage.. there is some more info your not providing use to say the cylinder 1 is bad… when it passes the compression test… its posible but unlikeily to me with out more info…. its possable that a compression test can miss something… its not super good of a test… mostly its a general test showing you have something wrong…. but the next step up would be a leak down test that will prove that you have something wrong or not…. what a leak down test is a compression test of the cylinder with a outside source like a air compressor putting the pressure in the cylinder with all the vales closed and the piston up… and it will show how good cylinder really is

cylinder 1 misfire to get to an cuncution that the cylinder is bad is a bit much with out doing more test even when the compression test shows good… whats why I would like to see what the reading of the compression test was both wet and dry of call cylinders

RobRob
                  Participant

[quote=”d3signz” post=173707][quote=”Rob781″ post=173706][quote=”d3signz” post=173705]any help ? :)[/quote]
                    what was the reading on the compression test both wet and dry on all clyinders??? if you can please list them[/quote]

All result are perfect (12 bars) why make wet compression test if normal is good..

Yesterday I made personnaly a “Running compression test” and I show cylinder 1 have 1 bar lower ( 5 bar ) than other cylinder ( 6 bar)[/quote]

I think its 20% that is accaptial but I cant tell you what the number of bar’s should be because I dont understand bar… I use it in psi… so 5 bar or 6 bar is good I cant tell you,, sorry

watch this he does a really good job explaining it

ValentinValentin
                    Participant

[quote=”Rob781″ post=173709][quote=”d3signz” post=173707][quote=”Rob781″ post=173706][quote=”d3signz” post=173705]any help ? :)[/quote]

Yesterday I made personnaly a “Running compression test” and I show cylinder 1 have 1 bar lower ( 5 bar ) than other cylinder ( 6 bar)[/quote]

I think its 20% that is accaptial but I cant tell you what the number of bar’s should be because I dont understand bar… I use it in psi… so 5 bar or 6 bar is good I cant tell you,, sorry

watch this he does a really good job explaining it
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLdRpX2nn2g%5B/quote%5D

Hey Thanks. About static compression all cylinder have 174 psi.

About running compression all cylinder have 87 psi except the cylinder 1 have 72 psi…

Regards.

ValentinValentin
                      Participant
                        ValentinValentin
                        Participant

any professional idea ?

college mancollege man

[quote=”d3signz” post=174801]any professional idea ?[/quote

When a compression test is done is not with the engine running. What was cylinder #1 test not running?

ValentinValentin
                            Participant

[quote=”college man” post=174833][quote=”d3signz” post=174801]any professional idea ?[/quote

When a compression test is done is not with the engine running. What was cylinder #1 test not running?[/quote]

Like a wrote on topic static compression are Perfect for all (174 psi)

ValentinValentin
                              Participant

Hello, so you recommend first its to make leak down test even if the compression test good ?

Regards

ValentinValentin
                                Participant

up

ValentinValentin
                                  Participant

Hello, any professional can help me ?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…