Menu

Bad wheel bearing

• Creator
    Topic
    Suzanne ConkinSuzanne Conkin
    Participant

I have an 2001 chevy s10 ,had this rubbing sound that kept getting worse took to mechanic he said it was the wheel bearing.. so I had it replaced but as driving home, i was hearing a noise that was no were near the sound before.. It sounds like a fluttering in the same spot as the wheel bearing was rubbing almost under my floor board where my feet are Took it back they said the other side needed replaced. So I was going thru some photos an my pc ran across a bill the saved for a new wheel bearing in 2016, should that have not lasted longer it only had 9000 miles on the new one??? Sometimes I feel ppl are ripping me off cause they think I have no sense, have more than they think, ive started fixing my own lawn LOL so far so good… Please me know what to do?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

All depending on if a aftermarket part was used and which MFG.
        Some replacement parts are far lower quality than you might expect.
        Just because it is new doesn’t always translate to being good.

Suzanne ConkinSuzanne Conkin
        Participant

ok thanks for responding I dunno what to do I don’t think I need one on the other side as the rubbing under my feet when driving is no where near as bad as it was but its like a flutter and when I go faster it does to, just not sure, I hate to pay for the other side right now when I may not need it, my funds only allow me to do so much.. I just can’t see it wearing out in 4 years with only 9 thousand miles on it (just cause I read where they usually last 100,000 miles maybe that is wrong.. I had forgotten about it till i ran across a photo of a bill in 2016 same wheel… I sure wished I knew I really like to drive it since my dog goes with me everywhere lol that is what i drive for her to go because all the hair.. save my car.. thank you

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…