Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Battery Light on but Battery New and Alternator charging

Battery Light on but Battery New and Alternator charging

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Battery Light on but Battery New and Alternator charging

• Creator
    Topic
    Zach SlaughterZach Slaughter
    Participant

I have a 2005 Ford escape I recently acquired and giving to the wife to drive. When I picked it up needed a battery stopped at local walmart picked up a new battery installed within a week battery light came on and checked with DVM and was battery voltage while running. Pulled alternator off let carquest verify the alternator is bad and it was got new remain alternator installed and took revving the engine up for the alternator to load and at start to charge. Cleaned battery cables grounds to body tested fusible link between positive battery cable and cable to alternator and solder new pigtail on harness to alternator. Still same issue start the vehicle have to rev it up to get it start to charge at the alternator getting 13.5 volts and same at battery and on scan tool but battery light still on dash any help would be appreciated voltage regulator in new alternator exciter bad? Thanks. 2005 Ford Escape XLS 2.3 automatic

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…