Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Belt Slipping Off AC Pulley – 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

Belt Slipping Off AC Pulley – 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Belt Slipping Off AC Pulley – 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    gabe Mullinsgabe Mullins
    Participant

I’ve been having this problem for about a month and have not been able to drive my eclipse. Womp womp womp. Anyway, I ended up pulling the ac compressor, I replaced the bearing in that compressor, and thought maybe that was it because it was slipping off that pulley. Well, that didnt fix it. So I figured it was maybe the idler pulley considering it was right above it and it looked a little bit more wore out. The bearings in the pulley didnt look that great. So I ended up ordering a new idler pulley. Just about 30 minutes ago I replaced the idler pulley and that belt is still slipping off the AC pulley. Any ideas on what it could be? Just trying to get my Car back in commission. Lol. Much appreciated

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

You need to check to see that all the pulleys that spin the AC belt are all in the same plane and remain in the same plane while the engine is running.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…