Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Blue smoke from exhaust after carbon cleaning and engine oil change.

Blue smoke from exhaust after carbon cleaning and engine oil change.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Blue smoke from exhaust after carbon cleaning and engine oil change.

• Creator
    Topic
    Ihbaar MalikIhbaar Malik
    Participant

How are you sir?
      I have got 1990 Toyota Corolla equipped with 5AFHE efi engine. I was using semi-synthetic Liqui Moli 10W40 engine oil. There was no kind of smoke at all. Recently I made my mind to shift engine on genuine recommended oil which is 5W30. I bought Toyota 5W30 conventional oil and poured it into the engine and also did carbon cleaning via air intake using Liqui Moli throttle body cleaner.
      Car’s engine sound sounded bit strange after these activities and I thought 5W30 is bit thinner keeping in mind the outside temperature here in Pakistan which is 39-40 degrees Celsius and age of the engine which has run 175kms, I drained out the 5W30 oil and again used 10W40 but this time it was Castrol Magnatech GTX as Liqui Moli wasn’t available. Ever since car is giving blue smoke specially on reving the engine. What could be the possible solution? Should I use Liqui Moli 10W40 semi synthetic oil again?

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…