Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Brakeleen residue possibly on outside of boot

Brakeleen residue possibly on outside of boot

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Brakeleen residue possibly on outside of boot

• Creator
    Topic
    Dave SDave S
    Participant

Hi Eric,
      I am a little rusty at changing brakes as I changed mine with my dad a zillion years ago on my mustang. I have a 2012 fusion sel 2.5l 4 banger with disc brakes. left rear was really bad needing rotors and pads. So after getting bracket and caliper off rotor, piston and caliper pretty dirty. i sprayed brakeleen on piston end, that goes against inner brake pad. didnt spray much like i have seen on videos where guys dowse calipers, but wondered if it would hurt outside of boot, or should i wipe boot with clean shop rag or worry if any cleaner landed on outside of boot that i should need to clean off with something else? Thanks in advance,
      Dave S.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave TidmanDave Tidman
      Participant

if you are using a non chlorinated brake cleaner, it should be fine.

Dave SDave S
        Participant

Actually, I contacted CRC and they said it is actually more of a plastic issue, and just wiping it off with clean rag that the crc shouldnt hurt the boot. I used the original red can, and they said im fine. Thank you for your input, im just getting back up to speed with working on cars diy.
          cheers,
          Dave S.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…