Topic
    Fra5erFra5er
    Participant

Quoted From celticbhoy: _x000D_
      _x000D_
      I would love to own a mk1 mini.

_x000D_
      _x000D_
      Mini Cooper old style, doesn’t need to be mark 1 for me but the old style when a mini meant mini

Viewing 8 replies - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Kevin MartinezKevin Martinez
      Participant

[IMG]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/12/7486c4e4407f585709c9e661fb3608df.jpg[/IMG]

My father had a 1959 Austin Healey 3000, sadly he lost it to the communist government in Cuba in 1975. I guess some political figure wanted a sports car.

Funny story he went to the car lot and almost bought an Aston Martin DB5 but it had a Chevy engine in it, so he went with this, that was in about ’69.

I recently had the pleasure of driving one and it was awesome! The exhaust sounds amazing coming from the straight 6!

His was identical to the one in the photograph I posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

César MorganCésar Morgan
        Participant

It’s funny that Jinzo shows a Morgan car….
          My last name is Morgan and I also design cars… not so british looking though…..
          I use the very same suspension setup in my models.
          (Yes, I know this post is almost off-topic)
          Still, the Morgan cars are Awesome looking…. not because of my last name, but because they’re truly exotic. It’s not so often that you see a classic-looking vehicle with 3 wheels powered by a v2 engine. Also, their cars combine the classic look and feel with modern stuff, like the Morgan Aero SuperSport. Gotta love that car!

Thomas FerryThomas Ferry
          Participant

[quote=”TheXDS” post=128011]It’s funny that Jinzo shows a Morgan car….
            My last name is Morgan and I also design cars… not so british looking though…..
            I use the very same suspension setup in my models.
            (Yes, I know this post is almost off-topic)
            Still, the Morgan cars are Awesome looking…. not because of my last name, but because they’re truly exotic. It’s not so often that you see a classic-looking vehicle with 3 wheels powered by a v2 engine. Also, their cars combine the classic look and feel with modern stuff, like the Morgan Aero SuperSport. Gotta love that car![/quote]

Indeed Morgans are so unique and awesome looking. 3 wheeled cars in general are rare. I know in some Asian countries Datsun and Diahautsu makes 3 wheeler trucks but not cars.

Bryan CastorBryan Castor
            Participant

If i won the lottery, my top British cars that i’ll buy would be the Lotus Elise, as they say, it is a genuine British sports car. Aside from the Elise, the Jaguar E-type! Of course, Morgan would be on the list. And last but not the least, the classic Mini Cooper.

DeeDee
              Participant

I feel like a moron for this, because everyone is posting about older models, and such, which I adore. Don’t get me wrong.

But has nobody seen/heard the Jag XKR-S? Sweet jesus.. Just listen to this bad boy..

JohnJohn
                Participant

When I was a kid I used to walk by a TR6 in a neighbors driveway every day. It ran great when we first moved in but as the years progressed it just sat neglected until he finally parked it in the garage, likely still there. When I really got interested in muscle cars (in particular mopars) I kept thinking how cool it would be to shoehorn a 340 with a 5-speed backing it in one of those. Still want one just no time make it happen.

Brian CBrian
                  Participant

My personal favorite ride was my ’78 Triumph Spitfire 1500. I had imported some of the original UK spec front springs to get rid of that nose up in the air look to meet US DOT standards and bring it back down the way it was meant to be.

I kept her as original as possible and had the factory original hardtop and all of the other accessories for my “quality” British Leyland motor.

I had crazy ideas of things of getting a 16v DOHC engine from a Dolomite Sprint or a GT 6 engine and fitting it to my Spitfire just to keep things British, but being in California, I had a hard enough time passing emissions as it was with the original engine back in those days.

I can no longer drive due to disability but I wanted to make something unique with an engine swap while keeping the front end weight down. These days with a Honda S2000 motor may have been the answer but that had already been done.

If there was one thing that I loved about that car, it was it’s mechanical simplicity. The other things I loved were it’s ride compliance and being able to to feel what every part of the suspension was doing through the double wishbones in the front and fully independent rear end. It really was a drivers car…

If I could still drive today, I’d likely buy another Spitfire project and after a frame off restoration with new parts available today that just weren’t around during the early 1990’s when I owned mine. Plus I’d love a lightweight four pot up front with fuel injection and a 6 speed manual box with a wider track on all four corners. One last thing/wish, aftermarket Air Conditioning! Living in the Central Valley with some 100 plus days in summer for weeks at a time snared in rush hour traffic really was a killer and I’d find myself behind the wheel in my Accord just for the cool air.

It’s sure a lot of fun to dream (and far less expensive) but if I had the means and the money, I’d make it happen one way or another…

Ian WilliamsIan Williams
                    Participant

For me , a old Jaguar , the inspector Morse one , in British racing green probably send me broke , in maintenance , but my Poppa had one and it had a distinctive smell of leather and wood , that I’ll never forget mixed with the smell from his pipe tobacco it was an evocative smell .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 8 replies - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    Loading…