Menu

H

• Creator
    Topic
    AnuragAnurag
    Participant

Hi Friends can any one provide the information of Honda Accord 2001 LX model stereo/speakers Voltage planning to upgrade to Stereo with Bluetooth and HD Radio not sure the existing speakers and Battery will sustain if I install pioneer deh-x9600bhs model.Can I have some inputs please..Thanks in advance.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dandan

I am not a sterio guy, i am more of a engines, brakes and suspension mod dude… but typically what the big boys do when they install bigger sterios is install another battery wired correctly or install another alternator, that is if you are planning to run SERIOUS!!! juice through your system.

AnuragAnurag
        Participant

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your immediate response and information and valuable suggestions.
          I will take note of them.

Thanks Sir.

dandan

i would highly advise you consult someone that knows what they are doing though, there may be someone on here, when you are dealing with automotive electrical caution should be exersized.

Jonathan BurchJonathan Burch
            Participant

If you’re planning to just run off the aftermarket headunit power, your stock speakers, battery, and wiring should be fine. There are wiring adapters on the market that convert your aftermarket HU’s harness to the stock harness.

Your stock speakers will probably be happier with the aftermaket HU’s power output rather than the stocker’s. In audio, while it is possible to destroy speakers by overpowering them, it is more likely for you to kill speakers by clipping your amp, or turning it up beyond its capability, sending direct current to your speakers at the top and the bottom of the soundwave, rather than alternating currect throughout the speaker cycle.

This is all decided by how far you turn the volume knob.

I don’t think you’re in any danger of damaging your car if you’re just installing a radio. Besides wiring the harness adapter to the HU’s harness, it should be reletively plug and play.

Chip ZehnderChip
              Participant

[quote=”Goldchevyck95″ post=162503]If you’re planning to just run off the aftermarket headunit power, your stock speakers, battery, and wiring should be fine. There are wiring adapters on the market that convert your aftermarket HU’s harness to the stock harness.

Your stock speakers will probably be happier with the aftermaket HU’s power output rather than the stocker’s. In audio, while it is possible to destroy speakers by overpowering them, it is more likely for you to kill speakers by clipping your amp, or turning it up beyond its capability, sending direct current to your speakers at the top and the bottom of the soundwave, rather than alternating currect throughout the speaker cycle.

This is all decided by how far you turn the volume knob.

I don’t think you’re in any danger of damaging your car if you’re just installing a radio. Besides wiring the harness adapter to the HU’s harness, it should be reletively plug and play.[/quote]

Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…