Menu

Chevy 350 cam and head swap

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Engine Modifications Chevy 350 cam and head swap

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by IanIan.
  • Creator
    Topic
    jonjon
    Participant

Im currently replacing the top end of my 350 with the edelbrock topend kit 2022 and i just have a few questions concerning cam install and head bolts im leaving the rotating assembly in how do i get assembly lube on the cam bearings? The one at the front of the engine is easy but what about the others? Should i just get the cam really well covered and side it in? M consideringa super soft bristle paint brush on taped to a long stick just to make sure there is something on them

Now as im sure you guus know the head bolts go into a coolent passage should i be using aomething like permatex thread sealer or just a little bit of engine oil? Dont want leaks

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      IanIan
      Participant

I think assembly lube slathered on all the camshaft surfaces (lobes, bearing circles) should suffice. The hive-mind says something like Permatex thread sealer on all the head and intake bolt threads with a bit of oil under the cylinder head bolt heads is the way to go.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…