Menu

City miles VS Highway miles.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box City miles VS Highway miles.

• Creator
    Topic
    dandan

the sitting car subject sparked a thought in my mind, in addition i just got done driving in grand rapids and thought of how all the stopping and going was going too use my brakes and gas more made me come too think of a possible topic of discussion for ETCG1.

whats harder on a vehicle, driving constant highway miles on and on or dealing with the bussle and hustle of city stop and go traffic? i have my imput and here it is.

I believe that City miles are much harder on a car, the constant breaking uses the pads faster, the constant acceleration means more blowbuy gasses passing the rings into your oil. i have noticed city roads are very rough most of the time and that is hard on suspension, bearings, constant acceleration is harder on tires as well as breaking. while highway driving and freeway driving the car stays at a more constant speed yet it needs too slow down and speed up on occasion, this is good because the engine stays at a more constant RPM but allows it too very up and down a little, brakes seem too be used more gently more or less too slow down the car and bring it too a stop on occasion, and with the acception of the back roads of the country or bad city freeways and highways it seems highways and freeways are smoother and easier on suspension components as there are also less sharp corners and bumps…

whats your imput eric? good discussion for ETCG1?

Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)
    Viewing 16 replies (of 16 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…