Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Civic 2016 Grinding and Gargling Noise when shifted to Drive

Civic 2016 Grinding and Gargling Noise when shifted to Drive

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Civic 2016 Grinding and Gargling Noise when shifted to Drive

• Creator
    Topic

Hello Everyone,

This problem is something I never saw after exploring all the videos, all the forums and reading all the forums I know. I have made the oil change in April 2020 at a Dealer at roughly around 78000 kms. Since then I have started experiencing some rattling, grinidng noise at the traffic signals. I ignored the problem initially but slowly it started increasig. When I went to show it to the dealer, due to my badluck the mechanic couldn’t recreate the problem. I felt like to give itsome time and these days I and my friends can notice the problem clearly.

Now, its making the same noise as soon as I shift the gear to Drive. In R, N, P it doesn’t make that noise but in Drive it does and this noise disppears after like 15 minutes I drive on a road.
    Another interesting thing is, in the traffic I can feel some jerk when I press the brake. It’s kind of like transmission slipping or something like brake pads holding tightly the discs or something is holding the car and it gives a little jerk in the traffic when I slowdown. I can feel the quick retardation when I try to stop at the intersections or in the middle of the traffic. I usually do smooth braking. On a regular car if I press brake I can see the car is slowing down but on my Civic, I see that it’s stopping rather than slowing down.
    Today, I took it to another dealer and the mechanic was not patient enough to understand what I was speaking and he did a quick check on the compressor, Software and told me the splash screws need to be tightened up and that’s it.

So, I have 2 problems
    Some noise when I shift to Drive
    The brakes holding/transmission slipping during intersections or in the traffic
    I am posting 1 video and 1 audio to clearly make you understand my problem. This is something in my head and making me not to sleep sometimes. I am really worried guys. Please advise me.

Video :
    Please use high quality headphones or put the max volume on your device. You can notice clearly that as soon as I shift to Drive you can hear some noise thats kind of little loud, little gargling, little grinding. It doesn’t happen on other gears except Drive.

Audio:
    I started recording when I am in Drive and I was changing the gear to N, then to Drive and then to N, R and then again to Drive to make you clearly understand how the noise sounds like. I also put the time exactly as follows to give you a better idea.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy.
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Loading…