Greetings Honda Guys, I own a 1995 Civic with a ZC motor swapped into it. It’s a SOHC non-vtec (Similar to a D16A6) manual transmission. The cars history is that it had a problem with idle surging until I’ve done a lot of research and managed to fix it by replacing the P05 with a P06 ECU. Now I have a very low rpm at idle at about a 100 at the traffic stop. It doesn’t die out but I can feel the car shake at the traffic stop and I can still see the rpm needle bouncing up and down very slightly. Here is a rundown of what I have done so far.
• Replaced IACV
• Replaced All Vacuum Hoses with new ones
• Replaced PVC Valve and cleaned out the Oil Breather box and also replaced the PVC gasket in that Breather box
• Replaced Intake Manifold with a D15B7 intake with new gasket
• Replaced All radiator hoses with new ones
• Bled the coolant lines for air pockets
• Replaced upper cam shaft seal with a new one
• Replaced head gasket, upper and lower spark plug well gaskets
• Did a reset on the ECU jumper to adjust the idle
• Cleaned out the throttle body
• Replaced the O2 sensor, TPS (calibrated to 0.5 closed and 4.5 open), MAP and coolant temperature sensor
• Adjust the throttle cable for just a tiny bit of slack
• Adjust the timing cam and dizzy with a timing gun
• Inspected purge valve and Intake temp sensor (seems to be working fine, unsure)
• Sprayed carb cleaner while engine is running for any changes and seems that there is no changes on the idle. (I’ve used a lot)
• Replaced spark plugs (NGK) Note: i followed the factory label on the timing cover and torque them down to spec.
• Oil changed
• Tighten down the Fast Idle (youtube stuff)
• Replaced fuel filter
I’m all out of ideas and this is driving me nuts. I have my balls to the wall at this point and also not knowing if I should continue replacing stuff like the fuel injectors, the gaskets for them and the lower cam seal. I have ideas flying all over the place think it could be low compression on the pistons. If anyone could help me with information on why I have this low rpm at idle at a traffic stop. I would be very greatfull. Thanks for reading.
- This topic was modified 2 months ago by Saizou Basara. Reason: Proof reading
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.