Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Civic EG6 w/ ZC SOHC non-vtec idling low RPM

Civic EG6 w/ ZC SOHC non-vtec idling low RPM

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Civic EG6 w/ ZC SOHC non-vtec idling low RPM

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    Saizou BasaraSaizou Basara
    Participant

Greetings Honda Guys, I own a 1995 Civic with a ZC motor swapped into it. It’s a SOHC non-vtec (Similar to a D16A6) manual transmission. The cars history is that it had a problem with idle surging until I’ve done a lot of research and managed to fix it by replacing the P05 with a P06 ECU. Now I have a very low rpm at idle at about a 100 at the traffic stop. It doesn’t die out but I can feel the car shake at the traffic stop and I can still see the rpm needle bouncing up and down very slightly. Here is a rundown of what I have done so far.
      • Replaced IACV
      • Replaced All Vacuum Hoses with new ones
      • Replaced PVC Valve and cleaned out the Oil Breather box and also replaced the PVC gasket in that Breather box
      • Replaced Intake Manifold with a D15B7 intake with new gasket
      • Replaced All radiator hoses with new ones
      • Bled the coolant lines for air pockets
      • Replaced upper cam shaft seal with a new one
      • Replaced head gasket, upper and lower spark plug well gaskets
      • Did a reset on the ECU jumper to adjust the idle
      • Cleaned out the throttle body
      • Replaced the O2 sensor, TPS (calibrated to 0.5 closed and 4.5 open), MAP and coolant temperature sensor
      • Adjust the throttle cable for just a tiny bit of slack
      • Adjust the timing cam and dizzy with a timing gun
      • Inspected purge valve and Intake temp sensor (seems to be working fine, unsure)
      • Sprayed carb cleaner while engine is running for any changes and seems that there is no changes on the idle. (I’ve used a lot)
      • Replaced spark plugs (NGK) Note: i followed the factory label on the timing cover and torque them down to spec.
      • Oil changed
      • Tighten down the Fast Idle (youtube stuff)
      • Replaced fuel filter
      I’m all out of ideas and this is driving me nuts. I have my balls to the wall at this point and also not knowing if I should continue replacing stuff like the fuel injectors, the gaskets for them and the lower cam seal. I have ideas flying all over the place think it could be low compression on the pistons. If anyone could help me with information on why I have this low rpm at idle at a traffic stop. I would be very greatfull. Thanks for reading.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Saizou BasaraSaizou Basara. Reason: Proof reading
    Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…