Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Civic hybrid battery refurb, my experience and tips.

Civic hybrid battery refurb, my experience and tips.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Repair Central-The ‘How To’ Forum Civic hybrid battery refurb, my experience and tips.

• Creator
    Topic
    dosmastrdosmastr
    Participant

Hi Everybody,

In January I bought myself a Honda Civic Hybrid and after some issues immediately following the sale it was good for 3 months. And then the dreaded Ima and check engine lights came on again. Since this forum isn’t really specific to hybrids I spent most of my time annoying the folks over at Green hybrid.

However I did record an initial video of my exploits and the things that I had learned and would like to share it with the community here in case anybody else grabs one of these cars.

It starts out with a poor man’s grid charger assembly the whole thing ran me about $70 as opposed to the turnkey grid charger solutions you’ll find which cost over $400 to do everything that this one does.
      Then it moves on to removing the battery from the vehicle. and lastly just the very initial set up and testing of the grid charger.
      Other people have much better recordings of certain segments of this procedure and those are linked in the description. (Specifically, rear seat removal)

I cannot suggest Highly enough that you turn on subtitles, I couldn’t find anything on YouTube to help me put text or top of the video to explain when I misspoke or had something incorrect and didn’t realize it at the time so ended up using the subtitles somewhat for that task.

I still have to finish editing the part 2 of it but the short of it is aside from the computer being confused by 1 voltage tap that is sometimes a lot lower than all the rest (causing it to charge the battery when it’s showing near full or causing it to display the battery not well charged when it actually is. – something is figures out after charging for a couple minutes and then adjust the display but doesn’t perform what is commonly known as a recal)

Aside from that the car is performing as it should and now I’m moving on to other problem areas like replacing the shocks which are very soft although they don’t fail the one bounce test.

Please let me know what you think this is one of my first DIY videos. NOTE: i have some odd cuts, its because i’d rather cut incorrect information (even if corrected later in the video) than have shown something incorrect In case people stopped watching mid way.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      dosmastrdosmastr
      Participant

[video][/video]

Part 2.

Again please turn on subtitles for a little more info and clarifications.

I hope this is a contribution to the community here.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…