Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Clunking noises while braking and turning steering wheel

Clunking noises while braking and turning steering wheel

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Clunking noises while braking and turning steering wheel

• Creator
    Topic
    Nader IanoNader Iano
    Participant

Hi!
      Have this Mazda CX-3 which we had problem with the front struts on both sides. After changing the front strut assemblies have a new problem :/
      Whilst turning the steering wheel and having the foot on the brake there comes clunking noises from the front of the car. Both right turn and left. Happens when car is either moving slowly forward or reverse while holding the footbrake and turning. Also when the gear selector is in drive mode (D). When i dont apply the brake, no sound. when the gear selector is in N (Neutral?) and i hold the brake and turn no sound. Any idea?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by Nader IanoNader Iano.
    Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nader IanoNader Iano
      Participant

Clarification 🙂 :Clunking noises only stationary with gear selector on D or driving slowly forward or reverseand braking and turning. No noise when brake is not applied. No noise when gear selector is in N and brake is applied and I turn the steering wheel. Strange!!

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
        Participant

Check your ball joints, sway-bar, steering and CV axles

Nader IanoNader Iano
          Participant

could it really be these you have mentioned simce i have no noise driving without having the brake sligtly engaged? could it not be the brake system?

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
            Participant

Could be a number of possibilities:
              But being the noise happened when you turn the wheel, I would start with the list I posted.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…