Menu

Constant clicking noises in Engine

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Constant clicking noises in Engine

• Creator
    Topic
    Tim CashTim Cash
    Participant

I am hearing constant clicking noises near the fuel injectors and EGR valve. Recently cleaned the mass air flow sensor because the car had a P0171 code. It was cleared after cleaning. I have a 2014 Chevy Cruze ECO. I also have a video of the noises.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
      Participant

okay I know for a fact that those have a lot of common problems with the injectors carboning up overtime. Now you wanna pray that it’s just a matter of cleaning out the fuel injectors and not something internal to the engine like the timing chain because that’s a very expensive endeavor to repair something like that on a GM. Go ahead and upload the video of the noises if you would so that I can see what’s wrong.

Michael SacksteinMichael Sackstein
        Participant

It sounds like that may be internal
          to the engine, unfortunately. It sounds like your lifters are ticking. But it could be something else also. You won’t know until you get in there and take everything apart. I believe Scotty Kilmer has a video on YouTube called how to tell if your timing chain is worn. You can watch that and then if you’re up for the task you can check out your timing chain and see if that’s worn. You may wanna get a second opinion from a professional mechanic as well just to be safe. Hope that helps

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…