Menu

Continuous missfire

• Creator
    Topic
    PascalPascal
    Participant

Hey guys!

New to the forum here! I have a question for you guys, maybe you will be able to help me.

I have a 2007 Chevy Equinox AWD. Last february my intake manifold gasket went bad and so my head gasket at the same time. Was replaced at my best friend’s shop. Did a bit myself and he did his part as well. In April I started to have a rough idle and misfire. The computer thrown a P0301 code. Replaced the spark plug and the problem went away. Problem came back in November. Tried to replace the spark plug wires and did nothing. Replaced the spark plus no1 again and problem went away.

Guest what, yesterday problem came again. Same rough idle, same P0301. I’m a little bit worried about what can cause the spark plug to go bad again.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pascal

(sorry if my english is not the best, french speaker here 😀 )

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Might suggest having a look at your fuel trims.
        Do a compression test.
        Also if possible have a look at the secondary ignition wave form.

PascalPascal
        Participant

It can be checked with a scanner or need an oscilloscope ?

thanks for your input !!

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

Fuel trims use a scanner.
            Compression test you can use a basic compression gauge or using a scope, do a relative compression test.
            Secondary ignition wave form can only be done with a scope.

PascalPascal
            Participant

ok thanks, I will use the scanner where I work to at least check the fuel trims.

To add some infos, yesterday temperature was around -5, car was running poorly and check engine flashed. This morning -18, runs like a charm. Crazy haha

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…