Menu

Coolant pressure tester "adapter"

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Coolant pressure tester "adapter"

• Creator
    Topic
    Chris passiveaggressivemuch?Chris
    Participant

I have not been here in a while. I think I have a coolant leak.The overflow keeps losing fluid. So a few months ago I got the rental from Autozone. It had dozens of pieces and not one of them fit the radiator fill hole on my 94 Dakota radiator. I have a normal cap on it. I have time now and I am b=going to get a tester like Eric had in the vid I found yesterday and I’m looking at O’Reilly’s and it has this “adapter” in it. And that is why I am here.
      WTF does that thing labeled a”adapter” with what looks like the male side of the rad top on both ends do!? I’m cool on how to test and all I just saw they O’Reilly’s kit had two of them in it and tried to find out online with no luck then I though of you guys on here. Someone must know how to use one of them things. For info there is no other part that might be a connector between the top of rad and the “adapter”.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

My guess:
        It is for the purpose of testing your radiator cap.

Participant

Duh! Thank You.

Participant

I did the test manually and the cap and radiator passed. I found no leaks. I returned the kit. Then looking over the FSM I saw a rad pressure test with it running up to full temp.

My question here is do I need to test this with the motor running at full temp?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Chris passiveaggressivemuch?Chris.
          Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…