Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Coolant Reservoir Fills, Doesn’t Empty / VSS Issue

Coolant Reservoir Fills, Doesn’t Empty / VSS Issue

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Coolant Reservoir Fills, Doesn’t Empty / VSS Issue

• Creator
    Topic
    SAL SAL57OldsSAL
    Participant

Hey ERIC!
      For my 1993 Toyota Camry 2.2/automatic with 153,000 miles… Two issues I hope you can help with: 1) 1000 miles ago I installed a new water pump (old one failed), timing belt (pulleys/etc), thermostat, radiator & cap. My coolant reservoir fills, but does not return to the radiator. I changed both reservoir hoses. I’m not losing coolant and the oil is clean . I dump it back into the radiator.
      2) My speedometer was about 7 or 8 MPH slow. I installed a new VSS 250 miles ago. Using Garmin GPS, the new VSS is also 8 or 9 MPH slow. The transmission has always shifted & worked properly. Thoughts? Thanks!!!
      Merry Christmas!
      SAL in NY

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Did you install a OEM radiator cap or a aftermarket?
        That would be the first thing I’d look at.
        Then might do a combustion gas test.
        As to your speedometer …
        Do you have the original factory size tires?

SAL SAL57OldsSAL
        Participant

— I had a new Stant cap, but thinking like you… I switched to the OEM with yellow Japanese sticker. I may just have to do a combustion gas test.
          — On the VSS, I have factory size 195/70-14 Hankooks with 7500 miles on them. The original VSS has 22 teeth on the gear. Same as the new one. Maybe I got a dud new one out of the box. I’m stumped. THX.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…