Menu

cruse control

• Creator
    Topic
    Joe PassanisiJoe Passanisi
    Participant

02 civic cruse control issue. turns on, dash lamp lights when set is pushed, go’s out when brake is depresses. At speed when cc is activated car slows and starts to down shift. All fuses are ok. Any ideas? Joe

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      HometheatermanHometheaterman
      Participant

Does it do this at all speeds or just certain speeds? How much does it slow down? This sounds fairly normal. Often times in overdrive it doesn’t gave the powder to maintain the speed if you go up an incline, so it’ll slow down a few mph until it down shifts and can keep up.

Joe PassanisiJoe Passanisi
        Participant

car continually slows. freeway is flat. no inclines or decline. speed is from 55 to 70 mph. the car starts to slow right after engaging cc and taking foot off the gas peddle. then it starts to down shift. I don’t know if it shifts out of over drive first and into forth then to third next. It happens kinda of quick. I touched the brake to disengage the cc right after that. I believe it is an electrically operated cc. Verified all the fuses I could find. Thank you Joe…

Billy AndrewsBilly
          Participant

I hate to endorse parts swapping, but the cruise control module under the dash is the most common culprit for these symptoms, and I don’t personally have a proper diagnostic procedure, so grabbing a used one from eBay seems like a reasonable gamble.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…