Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Did I Damage My Brand New F-150? Please Help.

Did I Damage My Brand New F-150? Please Help.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Did I Damage My Brand New F-150? Please Help.

• Creator
    Topic
    William MuhlstadtWilliam Muhlstadt
    Participant

Hey folks,

About a year ago, I purchased a new 2019 F-150. Regularly aspirated 3.3 2WD.

I was changing the oil the other day when I realized my engine air filter housing was not sealed properly. The clamps were down but they were not fully sealed around the housing to make a clean connection. I had to have driven on this for at least 14,000 miles. I am worried that a bunch of debris has gone into my intake. Mind you the gaps in the housing were quite small. If pictures are needed for anyone to diagnose please let me know. Obviously, I resolved the issue as soon as I saw it.

If this did cause some damage what can I do? This is very unlike me and I am not sure how to handle this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Also, I drive city only, I have not taken the truck on many dirt roads. Which areas of the engine could this issue have affected?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Loose air intake inlets are more common than most think.
        I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.
        Only suggestion I would make is go in and check that the butterfly on the throttle body is clean.

William MuhlstadtWilliam Muhlstadt
        Participant

Thank you very much for the insight.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…