Menu

Do You Need an Alignment?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge The EricTheCarGuy Video Forum Do You Need an Alignment?

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

After I got new tires for my Vigor, I took it to get an alignment. I decided to take the opportunity to shoot a video on the basics of alignments while I was at it. This is the result.

What are your thoughts on alignments?

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MichaelMichael
      Participant

I really do hope it’s not a tire problem. It’s my second time to encounter this problem and did a front tires switch. Last time, it’s just an alignment issue.

Follow up question: Is it too much if I do an alignment every other oil change even if there are no signs of needing an alignment as you stated on your video?

Keymaster

I think you answered your own question. 😉

Richard CruzeRichard Cruze
          Participant

Eric please could you look at my post about ect sensor not working I’m in desperate need of some advice no one seems to be able to help me so far thank you

MichaelMichael
            Participant

I did a little reading on tire pull and how to diagnose it.

I did switch the front tires left to right and the pull is significantly reduced and almost unnoticeable. So, I guess, rear tire switching is unnecessary now.

Thank you very much Eric for the tip!

Moving forward, how should I rotate these tires in the future knowing that probably one of them is pulling to a direction?

(I’m a tire guy too and I want to make these tires last as they don’t come cheap. LOL!)

Keymaster

I rotate tires about every other oil change. I think the most important thing is to use the correct tires. Read reviews to find the best tires for your vehicle. Sometimes it’s the type of tire used that is the issue. In short, cheep tires, don’t always work out. Also, be mindful of directional tires and make sure they are rotating in the correct direction.

MichaelMichael
                Participant

Okay. I will stay cool on the alignment jobs unless needed. I do rotate my tires (including the full-sized spare) often ever since I got them new, hoping that will lengthen the life of the tires. I just do what is indicated in the owner’s manual.

I run all-terrain tires (Cooper A/T3 XLT). I read that their more aggressive all-terrain do have a tendency to pull to a direction.

The only thing I splurge on my vehicles are tires. Not even wheels. I still run on stock wheels. I know for a fact that some Chinese brand tires are of poor quality. Dangerous really. A cousin of mine ran with those and had a blowout on the highway. Twice. Stay away from those brands.

Again after thanks for the quick replies.

Viewing 6 replies - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Loading…