Menu

Do You Need an Automotive Education?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG1 Video Discussions Do You Need an Automotive Education?

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

After posting last weeks video, “Should You Get Into Auto Repair”, a lot of people brought up the topic of education. For this weeks video I decided to explore the subject in more detail. What are your thoughts?

Viewing 4 replies - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Rich SoutherlandRich Southerland
      Participant

I have an AA degree and it really didnt make much of a difference. Admittedly I got mine 30 years ago. My son followed me into the field and also got a degree but his automotive training was more make-specific (Ford ASSET) and I think that was much more valuable in todays market. I would advise against the flashy schools like UTI and Wyotech as they are very pricey ($30K+) and I’ve seen their graduates taking positions at slightly above min wage. Thats a lot of money to owe for a job that starts low $. See if your local Community College has any classes with manufacturers training. The one my son attended had Ford and Toyota. The cost is substantially less and IMO you get more relevant training.

GorgcGorgc
        Blocked

More and more recently, I have noticed a shift in perspective from public education towards private education. Now I am writing a term paper about this.

Roger VogelRoger Vogel
          Blocked

Great video, thank you for sharing!

Alex MckenzieAlex Mckenzie
            Participant

Learning the basics is easy since everything can be found on the internet nowadays.

Viewing 4 replies - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            Loading…