Menu

Electronic power steering

• Creator
    Topic
    fyzool Khanfyzool
    Participant

2019 2.8l Colorado duramax diesel, electronic steering rack got damage, purchase a used one from a scrap yard, after installation steering still hard,no power steering.Getting a code from the PSCM (C056D-00 electronic control unit hardware).when try to reset an relean PSCM did’t got through.
      Went back to the scrap yard a got another one an same issue.Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nicole D'AmbroiseNicole D’Ambroise
      Participant

So I looked up the code and I’m going to be completely honest with you, I don’t know much about Chevy’s. With what you said and after looking up the code, is it possible you damaged the wiring to the rack when you damaged the rack? If you know for a fact you did not then you should google if that needs to be reprogrammed to your vin from the dealer. Fords need to be reprogrammed.. I’m not sure if yours might need to be. But, look at the truck harness and make sure the wires look OK.

fyzool Khanfyzool
        Participant

Thanks I did checked the wiring harness getting power an ground other 2 jacks looks good, will double check an try reprogramming again.

Rahul JonesRahul Jones
          Participant

I am suspecting it is a programming issue. Once you connect the diagnostic tool, try if you can enter the electronic power steering module, if you can then you most likely need programming.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…