Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Element, what a stupid name. Now I are one…

Element, what a stupid name. Now I are one…

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Element, what a stupid name. Now I are one…

• Creator
    Topic
    David WolfDavid Wolf
    Participant

imdawolfman
      imdawolfman
      8 minutes ago
      Yep, Eric is my go-to car guy. I went ahead and bought that ’05 Element with 267,000 mi.that I’d sworn not to, wish me luck. I’ve got it down from 9 faults on the MIR to 2, bought a knock sensor to put in tomorrow for the P0325 fault, but the P0302 (cyl2 misfire) didn’t move when I swapped the coils (with new plugs), so I’m doing a compression check and bleed down, then adjusting the valves, running, and testing again tomorrow. Saying appropriate prayers and mystical incantations (not kidding) that I don’t need a valve job.

I really should get on the forum, since I’ve committed to this beast, frankly love it.

I wonder… If I need a valve job, should I rebuild the bottom, too… What’s the oil pressure, what did Eric pay for a used low mi. engine? OMG, please smog for me, I’ll never sneer at rice-burner motorcycles again, I swear!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Dave DeckertDave Deckert
      Participant

Bought one new in ’04, a 5-speed manual. It needed to be a 6-speed. 5th gear on the highway was … a lot. Handled and steered much nicer than the similar-era CR-V in my opinion. Never got used to the faraway windshield that blocked stoplights from view, the way the body creaked against the doors, or the way the wind tossed it around on the highway. When a dealer gave us $14K on trade a year or so later we were thrilled.

Best of luck with your project!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…