Engine rough idle and loud noise

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Engine rough idle and loud noise

Tagged: 

• Creator
    Topic
    JINGPEI ZHANGJINGPEI ZHANG
    Participant

I got a 1998 Honda Civic.
      Three months ago, one day I was driving on the freeway, heard a little noise feels like a continuing fast sparking sound. Thinking it might go away soon, so I choose to ignore it. On my way back, the engine started making a loud noise like a Harley Davison. It could not be restarted after I stopped it in my garage…

After changing the spark plugs + wires and the distributor followed by a replacement of the crankshaft position sensor, I managed to make the car start again, but the misfire noise persists.

The vacuum hose had been checked, no leak;
      Engine compression test had been performed, all four cylinders have 175PSI or higher;

I then removed the throttle body, cleaned all carbon built-up, replaced the IAC valve.

The weird thing is there is no check engine light comes on until I unplug a series of sensors attached to the throttle body.

After doing all these, the car is still misfiring stubbornly. I am very frustrated. What else still miss on the list that I haven’t checked for this problem? The MPA sensor is next to be replaced in the next couple of days!

I am Frustrated but still have hope …

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…