Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Engine stumbles and missing no check engine light

Engine stumbles and missing no check engine light

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Engine stumbles and missing no check engine light

• Creator
    Topic
    Jeff LodgeJeff Lodge
    Participant

Hello awesome people I bought a 2000 acura rl a week ago high mileage 280k + but well maintained! Wouldn’t have bought it just hearing it idle, pretty rough, but test driving it it would intermittently have points in acceleration when everything was right and I could feel her backbone was still there for sure! I’m shocked no code coming up and all modules come up good on my scanner! So basically if I hit the gas hard it just says bluuuh and then catches up wether I’m driving or in my driveway and beside the intermittent good times it always has a miss and a vibration less noticeable cruising at 60-65 mph. I pulled coil pack electrical plugs individually and no particular difference
      I replaced fuel filter and fuel pump, a little better, I dumped about a half bottle seafoam in gas tank, fricken amazing stuff made a big difference! Original problem is still there just diminished significantly! Fuel pressure tested good as well to!dont know if this is important struck me as weird: prior to new parts fuel only leaked from service bolt on fuel filter for 15-20 seconds after new parts and seafoam there was a ton of pressure and fuel in lines it probably would have slow drained for 5-10 minutes but I wrapped towels around it and loosened it more and it really came out hard! After it was done draining for 20 seconds or so it all of a sudden just belched hard and blew out some more fuel ! Was thinking maybe a blocked fuel return line!
      Sorry for being so long here just trying to give you everything! Thanks for any help definitely appreciated

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…