Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Engine won’t turn over after it has been driven and is warmed up

Engine won’t turn over after it has been driven and is warmed up

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Engine won’t turn over after it has been driven and is warmed up

• Creator
    Topic
    Shawn LoganShawn Logan
    Participant

Got an 03 Saturn ion 2.2 and the car starts and runs great. I keep it very well maintained and it has a little over 275000 miles on it now. The other day I came home from work picked up my son from school turned the car off and suddenly the car wouldn’t even crank over. I jumped it and it started right up so I went and replaced the battery figuring I wasn’t getting enough cranking amps. Today I ran the exact same scenario and sure enough the car once again wouldn’t turn over but fired immediately when I put a jump to it. There is no check engine light on and no codes to be ran because there’s no light on anybody have any ideas at all?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Faulty cable(s)
        Faulty starter relay
        Faulty starter solenoid
        faulty starter

Sam RoodmanSam Roodman
        Participant

Clean and tighten the battery cables/terminals. Check Starter, associated relays, solenoid systems. Check ignition switch (I know yours is a saturn but hondas of certain vintages had ignition switches that would fail)

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…