Menu

ETCG Answers Questions Live #75 (AMA) 10/12/2016

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Answers Questions Live ETCG Answers Questions Live #75 (AMA) 10/12/2016

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

This live show will begin 7pm EST 10/12/2016 on YouTube Live. You can click the link on my YouTube channel to watch. http://www.youtube.com/user/EricTheCarGuy?spfreload=5

You can post your questions to this thread and I will answer them live on the show. Even if you’re not able to watch the show live, I will be posting the finished video here after the show concludes so you can see your answers.

Hope to see you there!

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Gustav HurtigGustav Hurtig
      Participant

Hey Eric! Just wanted to tell you that you have made me grow confidence to start my own shop! Starting 12 of February 🙂

edwinedwin
        Participant

hello eric my name is edwin,
          my question is i have a 99 mazda protege dx 1.6l my transmission shifts hard, the fluid level is good but it looks a lil brown what should i do.

BrandonBrandon
          Participant

Hey Eric,

I have an 09 Dodge Charger 2.7 with 138,254 miles and runs pretty good. But i seem to keep going through MOPAR spark plugs. They usually last around 1500 miles and then i get a 0300 code. But when I put Bosch or Autolite plugs they run great but I hear its bad to use non oem plugs. The bosch ones burn oil but the Autolite ones dont. What are your thoughts? Love the vids. You have saved me easily 5000 in repairs by giving me the courage.

Brandon

ericeric
            Participant

Hi Eric,

I think I have some rear alignment issues on my 2010 matrix, I was suggested to use Shims. My question is, are shim’s a permanent fix for an alignment issue?

Shawn ThomasShawn Thomas
              Participant

Hello Eric, I have a ’98 Jeep Cherokee XJ and I recently replaced the radiator, water pump, all hoses, thermostat, thermostat housing, overflow bottle and radiator cap. It’s running way better now, but the upper hose is collapsing. I think my cap is correct and unless I have a clog in the overflow hose I’m lost. Thanks for any help. Also, huge fan of the channel. My fiancé gets pissed when I watch it while she’s trying to sleep.

ArmandoArmando
                Participant

Hello Eric,

I’m Armando Fino and i’m from Portugal.

I’m writing you because i have a problem with my honda civic 1.8 i-vtec of 2006. I’ve done 180 000 Kilometers with it and it consumes about 0.5 L every 2000 kilometers.

Is it normal with that engine ? The engine is a R18A1.

Another question if it’s possible…

I have a P0135 error code. I think its related with B1S1 oxygen sensor heating but i’ve replaced that oxygen sensor about 2 years ago… Do you think it’s normal that oxygen sensor only lasts 2 years ?

My B1S2 oxygen sensor it’s never been replaced…

BrianBrian
                  Participant

Hey Eric. Thanks for doing this stuff. I’ve learned a lot from watching your videos and they’ve helped me maintain my old bmw on a budget. Your insight on the automotive working industry is helpful as well. I have two questions

1 – I’ve never used a MAPP torch. I’m considering replacing my exhaust manifold gaskets and might have to use heat to do it. Any tips for a beginner? Which one to get, what to look out for etc

2 – You gonna hide that front mount intercooler on your Ford for ultimate sleeper status? 😛

MattMatt
                    Participant

Hey eric i have a 02 mercury cougar has code po455 which is large evap leak and codes for o2 sensor bank 1 and 2 lean codes how would i find the leak or diagnose the purge vavle thanks matt

AimanAiman
                      Participant

hi eric i like your videos.i need help i want to make transmission oil change but I doubt my car toyota sequoia 2004 is 2 liters and have a saturn vue v6 is 5/4 not understand if the owner’s manual has some error.Toyota is bigger than the saturn toyota should not have more oil capacity

MarkMark
                        Participant

Hey, my name is Mark and I am currently in 10th grade and going to school to become an automotive technician, I want to eventually become a master tech, what path do you think I should take after high school to fulfill my goal of becoming a master tech. Thanks!!

brianbrian
                          Participant

Hi Eric, thanks for all of your help and awesome videos.
                            I have a 98 Malibu with the stupid sideways 2.4 4 cylinder. My dummy light is throwing three codes
                            P0134 O2 sensor citcuit no activity bank 1
                            P0171 system too lean bank 1
                            P0172 system too rich bank 1

The car will intermittently run rough on the highway, maybe misfires? Then it goes away, then it comes back again the next day. There’s also a kind of popping/knocking exhaust sound. I replaced the heated O2 sensor and the EGR. That didn’t help. I also had to do a water pump a while back and the manifold had to come off, is there any chance my problems are because of a bad manifold gasket? I’m just guessing at this point, I’ve thrown enough parts at it.

oliveroliver
                            Participant

Hi Eric, love the videos i have a 1964 mustang and want to adjust the carburetor. Is the best way to adjust the air|fuel mixture with vacuum or a co2 tester? (289cui ford with original carburetor) thank you from denmark

Olan HodgesOlan Hodges
                              Participant

I just wanted to thank you for your information on the last AMA. I had the 2008 Chevrolet Silverado that I ran the master cylinder dry on. What you stated about slamming on the brakes to get the ABS to work did the trick! I’m extremely appreciative of your help and I am sorry for asking a question that was already stated in one of your videos. As soon as you mentioned it I did remember that time with Barbara’s van that you took it out in a parking lot and slammed on the brakes a few times to try to get it to firm up. Again, appreciate everything so much!

P.S. My brakes work perfect now! I had a long standing issue where it seemed like the brakes would suddenly engage better and it annoyed me, but never enough to make me want to fix it. That has since gone away with the brake flush.

Stephanie BraswellStephanie Braswell
                                Participant

Hi Eric, Thank you for your videos. My husband’s air will not work on his 2005 Chevy Colorado. I found other forums online and found a common problem where the resistor and wiring harness burn out. That was an issue. I’ve replaced it and the issue resolved for a while but air is out again. We then had the a/c charged, it worked for a while and is out again. What should I look into next? Thanks and stay dirty!

Christopher AndrewsChristopher Andrews
                                  Participant

A few days ago my 2008 Hyundai Elantra was in a small front-end fender bender, but I’ve been driving it for the past week without issues. Today the car lost power in the fast lane until car choked and shut off as I made my way to the shoulder. The car just cranks over but does not start.

The temperature was dead smack in the low/normal range. There was no damage to the radiator from the prior accident.

It’s now throwing the following codes:
                                    P0560: System Voltage
                                    P0625: Generator Field Terminal Circuit Low
                                    P0700: Transmission Control System (MIL Request)
                                    P0880: TCM Power Signal Error Open/Short

After pulling the codes I put my big 150amp battery charger/booster on it and got the same results: cranked over, but wouldn’t start.

Thanks ETG. I’m new to the forums, but am a long time Youtube subscriber. I can’t tell you how many times your videos have gotten me out of a bind or given me the confidence to tackle things I wouldn’t have. Thanks!

Chris

Viewing 15 replies - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…