Menu

ETCG Answers Questions Live #80 (AMA) 1/18/2017

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Answers Questions Live ETCG Answers Questions Live #80 (AMA) 1/18/2017

• Creator
    Topic
    EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
    Keymaster

The show will begin at 7pm EST 1/18/2017. This will be another AMA style show so you can ask automotive questions as well as whatever you like (within reason). I’ll do my best to answer as many questions as possible in the hour I’ll be doing the show. Here’s a hint. The sooner you post your question, the more likely it is to get answered!

After the show concludes, I’ll post the video to this thread and lock it down until the next show scheduled for 1/18/2017.

See you tonight!

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Kenny BradyKenny Brady
      Participant

Hey Eric, big fan of your videos, have learned a lot from you so thanks for that.
        I have a Mk4 Golf GTI with a 1.8T engine which recently had a full rebuild top to bottom including new turbo.
        The last couple of weeks Ive been getting intermittent oil pressure warnings – “STOP”… on the dash. It only seems to happen after a long drive, say an hour or so at motorway speeds. The last time it happened I was literally just parking the car. I switched it off and left it for about 20 mins then started it again and let it idle for about 10 mins – no warnings. I replaced the pressure sensor but it hasn’t solved the problem. It never happens at cold start or short journeys. The engine is running sweet, no noises etc. The oil that was put in when the engine was rebuilt was 5w30. Ive been told that its too thin and because the ecu is remapped the engine runs a little hotter than standard and so the oil is thinning out too much but I know a lot of 1.8Ts are running 5w30 with no issues. Ive been told to use 5w40 instead. When the warning pops up I’ve noticed that if I give it some gas, the warning goes away. Do you think its the oil grade or maybe an oil pump issue? Should I be running the engine at all?

Many thanks
        Kenny

screamineagle88screamineagle88
        Participant

Hi ​Eric. I will be in Columbus in May. When will you be holding your fan meet up and what city are you located in?

George SourialGeorge Sourial
          Participant

Eric 2001 honda odyssey the gas pedal is hard to press cleaned and the car deos not get up to speed fast on the road i changed the air filter and cleaned the throttle body not sure what to do ?

Participant

Eric 2001 honda odyssey the gas pedal is hard to press cleaned and the car deos not get up to speed fast on the road i changed the air filter and cleaned the throttle body not sure what to do ?

Participant

Eric 2001 honda odyssey the gas pedal is hard to press cleaned and the car deos not get up to speed fast on the road i changed the air filter and cleaned the throttle body not sure what to do ??

Participant

Eric 2001 honda odyssey the gas pedal is hard to press cleaned and the car deos not get up to speed fast on the road i changed the air filter and cleaned the throttle body not sure what to do ????

Participant

Eric 2001 honda odyssey the gas pedal is hard to press cleaned and the car deos not get up to speed fast on the road i changed the air filter and cleaned the throttle body i am not sure what to do

BobBob
                    Participant

Hello Eric,
                      I have a T-5 and bell housing that came out of a 1990 Mustang. Will this transmission work on any 302 or do I have to find a certain year 302? I am planning to install the 302 and T-5 on my 54 F-100. Also, what is the difference between a Coyote 302 and any other 302.

Thanks,
                      Bob from Florida

Participant

Eric 2001 honda odyssey the gas pedal is hard to press cleaned and the car deos not get up to speed fast on the road i changed the air filter and cleaned the throttle body i am not sure what to do ??

Participant

Eric 2001 honda odyssey the gas pedal is hard to press cleaned and the car deos not get up to speed fast on the road i changed the air filter and cleaned the throttle body i am not sure what to do ???

Will BushWill Bush
                          Participant

what engine is in the car behind you?

Participant

Eric 2001 honda odyssey the gas pedal is hard to press cleaned and the car deos not get up to speed fast on the road i changed the air filter and cleaned the throttle body i am not sure what to do ?????

Participant

Eric 2001 honda odyssey the gas pedal is hard to press cleaned and the car deos not get up to speed fast on the road i changed the air filter and cleaned the throttle body i am not sure what to do also the odometer deos not work what a common problem with that

Participant

Eric 2001 honda odyssey the gas pedal is hard to press cleaned and the car deos not get up to speed fast on the road i changed the air filter and cleaned the throttle body i am not sure what to do also the odometer deos not work what a common problem with that /????

RyanRyan
                                  Participant

Hi Eric. Love your channel. And website.
                                    My question is 07 grand prix rack and pinion the transfer tubes that go from rack back to rack. One is leaking. How to a repair this. The is newer and don’t want to change it again. Cap it off? Can i run hose?
                                    Thanks in advance. Always dirty. Ryan r

Viewing 15 replies - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  Loading…