Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Euro5 Diesel engine, with 2T oil added in fuel

Euro5 Diesel engine, with 2T oil added in fuel

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Maintenance Forums Euro5 Diesel engine, with 2T oil added in fuel

• Creator
    Topic
    Varzaru MiroslavVarzaru Miroslav
    Participant

Hello Eric,
      I appreciate that your videos and explanation are very technical and based on facts and experiences, not based on assumptions and hypothesis . The internet is full of people saying that adding 2 stoke engine oil in diesel fuel will prolong injector and fuel pump life. The explanation is the new Euro5 diesel is less lubricated than the old type of diesel flues because of the emission standards. So adding 2T oil will improve lubrication of the “wet components” on the fueling system (“recommended” mixture is 200-300mL oil to 60 litters of fuel) . Theoretically this could be true, BUT maybe the fueling system does not need the “extra lubrication” and the smoke of the burned 2T oil will only damage the DPF. I want to ask your opinion about this topic, is this kind of practice keeping the car running well for a longer time, or by the opposite it will waste other parts? (I refer my question from technical point of view, not about the air pollution).

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…