Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Ford Focus 2010 SE Manual 5 speed transmission grinding issue

Ford Focus 2010 SE Manual 5 speed transmission grinding issue

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Ford Focus 2010 SE Manual 5 speed transmission grinding issue

• Creator
    Topic
    NathanNathan
    Participant

Ford Focus 2010 SE Manual 5 speed transmission grinding issue
      Mileage: 88k
      Repairs: No major repairs.

Short version:
      I was at a light, went to engage first gear, heard a clunk, and now all the gears grind when engaged.

Longer version:
      After this incident, I tried starting the car, which works. I can push the clutch in, and start the car in any of the 5 positions and there is no grinding. The grinding only occurs when I go to engage the gears. There is no forward, or backward (reverse), movement of the car, just a grinding. This happens regardless of the gear I try to engage.

Side note:
      I know Ford had a huge transmission recall for some Focus models, but it does not apply to my car.

My question:
      What should I look at first, and what happened? I asked a mechanically inclined friend who found it weird that I was able to start the car with no issue (seems like the clutch works?), but all the gears grind when I try to engage. I will be taking to to a mechanic, but I was hoping to try to have a clue what might be the issue before I go get it looked at. I googled around and found lots of instances where specific gears were grinding, but very little on all of them grinding, and the car starting with no issue.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…