Menu

Forum Search Function?

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge ETCG Suggestion Box Forum Search Function?

• Creator
    Topic
    Russ BRuss B
    Participant

Maybe I’m just blind but I can’t find a way to search for particular phrases, words, and topics within the forum. This would be massively helpful and save on repeat posts etc. I know there’s a search function on the home page but that only seems to link to videos and blogs.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Russ BRuss B
      Participant

Using Firefox on Windows 10.

EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
        Keymaster

There is a search function that is site wide on the Home page as well as some of the other pages on the site. I’ll see if we can also have that search placed on the forum. Thanks for your suggestion.

Tony GroffTony Groff
          Participant

Hello, I’ve been a follower for years, but never posted in the forums, ETCG videos have helped me several times over the years. After searching but not finding, I created a forum account here to ask this same question – about searching the forum posts specifically. I was hoping to find an ETGC video, or lively forum discussion, on what to do with a car that’s not worth repairing?

In short, I have a Dodge with a bad Jatco CVT that costs more to repair than it’s worth. I came to search the forums for suggestions on what others have done – donate to charity, send it to the crusher, sell “as-is” to a private party for a few hundred dollars? I think I’d like to go the charity route, but there are so many results I don’t know who to trust. Thank you for your time!

–Tony

Keymaster

@Tony Groff You might consider posting this to the General Discussion forum to get more responses.

Jeff KelleyJeff Kelley
              Participant

I’m not sure what charity I saw years ago, but it could have been Goodwill. Yet, whatever charity you donate it to, remember to get a receipt for the current value of the car. It’s tax deductible. I’ve donated to the Salvation Army as well.

Frank FragolaFrank Fragola
                Participant

I can’t find a way to search the forums for topics or key words either. The Home page search doesn’t seem to do it. It only finds videos.
                  Thanks

Keymaster

I apologize for the inconvenience. The developers have been working on the search function for the forum for some time and haven’t completed their work yet. When they’re done there should be a search function for the forum. Sorry about the wait.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Loading…