Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Fouled Spark plug after fuel injector replacement

Fouled Spark plug after fuel injector replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Fouled Spark plug after fuel injector replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    Robert MiltenbergerRobert Miltenberger
    Participant

I replaced my fuel injectors about three weeks ago. The car used to struggle to start – idle very rough – the smell of gas – and I would have to WOT it to start it in between short use 20 minutes to a store in store for 20 minutes – if it sits for 8 hours while in work its start quickly. I still, maybe once a week I’ll have a bit of trouble starting it – but two or three attempts it will idle rough and then keep running. I went away for a week – tried to start it and could not – pulled spark plugs – they were wet and glazed over the color of gas – once I replaced the plugs car started immediately. I’m concerned this is going to happen again in a matter of days or weeks – the car is becoming my daughters to drive to college 30 min each way – I don’t want her having any trouble. Any ideas why this may be happening once and a while? Some component of the fuel injection system? Something else? Please advise.

Thanks,

Milty

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      college mancollege man

It sounds like the injectors were clogged up and not spraying with atomization which will cause what you were experiencing.
        couple of options.#1 Take it to a shop and have them do an injector cleaning which will also clean up the valves and combustion
        chamber.#2 Run your fuel tank to 1/2 or a little lower and try a fuel system cleaner which i would double dose. Then drive the car
        hard on the highway Putting your foot into it and look for black smoke. You could also do a top end cleaning with a cleaner of your choice.
        I would recommend the in tank and top end cleaning for sure.

Robert MiltenbergerRobert Miltenberger
        Participant

Thanks for the info. I will get those things done.

Milty

college mancollege man

sounds good. keep us posted on your progress.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…