Menu

front wheel practically fell off

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here front wheel practically fell off

• Creator
    Topic
    steve bauersteve bauer
    Participant

i had my front brake done about 6-8 months ago. yesterday my my front passenger side wheel cam loose. they said the spindle nut and lock were missing! Is it possible that i drove for this long without them? or did someone go in and remove them? Ford e-350 super duty van
      thanks

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Highly unlikely you’ve been driving around for 6-8 months with out the spindlenut and lock.
        Which side came loose?
        If it were drivers side.. it’s possible it could have worked its way off due to the rotation of the wheel, not saing the passager side couldn’t work itself loose.
        As to if someone did it deliberately Have you got someone mad at you???

steve bauersteve bauer
        Participant

Thats what I thought. But, they said the spindlenut and lock were not there and there would have been no way for it to fall out with the cap still on? They said someone would have had to take it off? how hard would this be to do? It would have had to happen in a harbor freight parking lot in about 15 minutes?

steve bauersteve bauer
          Participant

It was front passenger side.
            They did work on the rear brakes just last week. I’m perplexed?

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
            Participant

Well that is a scary thought that someone is going around taking wheel hub hardware.

steve bauersteve bauer
              Participant

I think they forgot to put the cotter pin back and it loosened over time. I wasn’t there when he pulled the cap off, so i don’t know if the nut was in there or not? Nothing else really makes sense to me. They ended up knocking $300 off of the close to $900 bill.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              Loading…