Menu

Fuel Leak Problem

• Creator
    Topic
    V SVicki Shults
    Participant

Hyundai Elantra 2012 Limited 1.8L MFI DOHC 4cyl:
      Changed spark plugs about 5000 miles ago or so, and has been running perfectly no problems whatsoever.
      Then I start the car today, and backing out of driveway I smell gasoline really strongly so I pulled back in, turned it off, and opened hood to air it out.
      Gasoline was all over the place, and in that little of time I had it running it lost like a quarter of a tank of gas.
      Took off plastic engine cover after everything had dried out for the most part, and looked for cracked hoses, and didn’t notice anything but I did see where a squirrel had gnawed on a few plastic parts.
      So later on I was doing the windows up without starting engine, and I noticed when I got out it smelled like gas so I looked, and it looks quite wet around the spark plugs, and fuel injectors.
      Could I have lost that much gasoline from the spark plugs, and injectors? Tomorrow I’m going to check out the spark plugs didn’t have a chance with the hurricane causing problems for me.
      I did smell dipstick, and it didn’t smell like gasoline.
      Any ideas?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      V SVicki Shults
      Participant

So after closer inspection a squirrel bit a tiny hole or holes in my fuel line that I didn’t notice. It just happened to spray onto the spark plug area which made me think that it was leaking from there.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…