Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • GMC Savana parking light won't go out!

GMC Savana parking light won't go out!

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here GMC Savana parking light won't go out!

• Creator
    Topic
    Nathaniel NybergNathaniel Nyberg
    Participant

Hi guys, first post. I’m having a bit of trouble with my 2007 GMC Savana 1500. Basically the parking lights wont turn off when I turn off the van, or turn the switch off. Basically they are on all the time. After about 5-10 minutes, the lights will flash twice, and then go off, guessing this is just a fail safe the van’s BCM uses to keep the battery from draining. I checked fuses and the relay, all good. Of note, there is power to the relay coil from the BCM all the time…looking at the schematic, one side is hot and the other goes to the BCM (on the coil side of the relay). I did install a new aftermarket radio recently with a back up camera….any ideas? Thanks for your help!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
      Participant

Suggest you disconnect all aftermarket equipment and revert the wiring back to original first and see if the issue continues.

Nathaniel NybergNathaniel Nyberg
        Participant

Not a bad idea, but because that’s so involved, I’d prefer to try everything I can before resorting to that 🙂

Nightflyr *Richard Kirshy
          Participant

As you please.
            But if the issue began after the install, that is a very good indicator as to the possible cause.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…