Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • HI! 1987 toyota pickup, 22re ac not cold enough.

HI! 1987 toyota pickup, 22re ac not cold enough.

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here HI! 1987 toyota pickup, 22re ac not cold enough.

• Creator
    Topic
    gregory tatrogregory tatro
    Participant

Takes about 10 minutes to hit 55 degrees F. Even going down the highway. What I’ve done- Replaced condenser, accumulator , low temp cutout switch, blower fan, expansion valve, put in another used compressor, recharged it with R134A (2 cans 25 oz) and 7 oz of PAG 46. Car originally was R12. But It must have already been converted to R134A before I got it. As the low pressure adapter for R134A was already on. Pressure readings on gauges appear right. About 40 PSI Low and 240 PSI High. Vacuumed the system and it held at 28 vac. Suction hose from evaporator gets cold. It’s hot at top of condenser and cooler at bottom outlet. I had evaporator out and it wasn’t blocked at all. Could it be a faulty evaporator temp sensor? As I understand it in this vehicle the sensor throttles the expansion valve (opens & closes it) according to the evaporator temperature. Would disconnecting or bypassing it indicate if the sensor is bad? I’m out of ideas. Help! Thanks!!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jake FJake F
      Participant

Sounds like you’ve done everything right. Bring it to someone with a professional grade sniffer.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…