Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Honda 2007 Odyssey PS pump replacement

Honda 2007 Odyssey PS pump replacement

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda 2007 Odyssey PS pump replacement

• Creator
    Topic
    Somewhere in VASomewhere in VA
    Participant

Hi all,

My van when starting cold, has a chirp-chirp-chirp, appears to be coming from PS pump. Van has 185k miles and probably the original pump. I guess my concern is with PS pump bearing failing on the road, destroying the belt. I also feel some issues with steering so i suspect the pump. I’ve had pump seize before so i really want to avoid that, being huge van. I would like to replace it, would like to know what folks think of 3 brands available from rockauto.

New:
      BBB INDUSTRIES N9900547 – $115
      AAE 5760N Without Reservoir or Pulley – $183
      CARDONE 965442 – $217

rebuild:
      LARES 3346 – $126
      CARDONE 215442 – $138

AAE has a video that explains there design improvement and seems to be selling better on rockauto.

I checked ebay-amazon etc and i think all those places have turned into dumpster fire when it comes to fake parts….so probably going to avoid them.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      EricTheCarGuy 1EricTheCarGuy
      Keymaster

I’ve actually done videos on this you might find helpful.

Participant

great video, thanks!

Participant

I ended up just replacing the belt and the cold start chirp was gone. I bought the Gates tensioner+belt kit 7 years ago, then had some PS o-ring leak recently that I repaired where some fluid probably got onto the belt.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          Loading…