Menu

Honda Civic Random Voltage Drops

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda Civic Random Voltage Drops

• Creator
    Topic
    Pat MeekPat Meek
    Participant

Hi all. I have a somewhat unique problem. I have a 2013 Honda Civic. Couple of months ago I would notice the headlights quickly dim and come back while driving at night. I hooked up a scan tool and while driving the voltage will periodically go from say 14V to 10 or 11, or even sometimes 0 Volts! This will happen probably on average once every 1-2 hours of driving. The battery light does not come on. The drop will only be for 1-2 seconds. I have replaced the alternator with a Honda OEM one and the eletronic load detector with a Honda OEM one. I am not sure where to go next. I am just trying to be proactive so I do not get stranded somewhere.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jonathon EngerJonathon Enger
      Participant

I had the same thing happen on my 2004 Honda Civic years ago. The dealership replaced the voltage regulator but that did not fix the problem. Next, they replaced the alternator and that solved the problem. Have you had your battery tested? Does your Civic have the voltage regulator integrated in the alternator? I would also make sure you don’t have any loose connections.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…