Menu
  • Home
  • Topic
  • Honda civic wagon/shuttle 4WD Differential

Honda civic wagon/shuttle 4WD Differential

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda civic wagon/shuttle 4WD Differential

• Creator
    Topic
    niels eijzenganiels eijzenga
    Participant

Hello, Ericthecarguy! i recently bought an 1995 civic shuttle Rtsi / 4WD LSD.
      these cars came in europe and japan, and it has a different 4WD than the american versions.
      This is a viscous coupling Limited slip differential operated trough the ABS.
      i have a few questions.
      1: my diff makes a rasping noise when i let off the throttle at 60MPH, its not allot, but should i worry about this?(allready changed the fluid)
      2: my 4WD light comes on on the dashboard and goes away when i press the brake pedal, why is this and is this normal.
      3: this 4WD system is really rare, hard and expensive to obtain.. i did find a manual for it, but you need special tools to get the bearing out and everything(not easy servicable)
      4: the ABS pump makes allot of noise like allot of people are experiencing in the honda NSX and preludes from this year of make…
      so i pulled the fuse on that, car is fully locked into 4WD now….

i dont want to get rid of the car since its so special, but i cant afford a 1000 euro repair on it…. who can help me with this shit….

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…