Menu

Honda CRV air conditioner issues

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda CRV air conditioner issues

• Creator
    Topic
    FotiFoti
    Participant

My uncles’s 2009 Honda CRV has an air conditioner that doesn’t work most of the times. He took it to a mechanic that replaced the compressor. I really don’t think it’s the compressor.

I’m not a mechanic, but shouldn’t the radiator fan turn on when the air conditioner is on? The radiator fan will not turn on when I turn on the air conditioner.

The radiator fan does work as I saw it turn on on a warm day when it was sitting for a while and then turned off after a minute. So I’m pretty sure the radiator fan is fine. I’m pretty sure my problem lies with a bad relay or controller or something. Is there a relay between the air conditioner and radiator fan?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Jeffrey VoightJeffrey Voight
      Participant

There are 2 cooling fans on this. One is switched to the temperature and the other is switched to the AC. The AC fan should turn on Everytime the AC is turned on. I believe this fan is on the passenger side. Your engine fan seems to be working properly. The AC fan switch needs to have a signal confirming there is pressure from the AC system. I suspect you either don’t have the proper pressure in the system or the pressure switch is faulty. First check the fuses.Check the No. 1 (20 A ) and No. 4 (20 A ) fuses in the under-hood fuse/relay box, and the No. 14 (10 A ) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      Loading…