Menu

Honda crv Transmission?

• Creator
    Topic
    Mike SmithMike Smith
    Participant

Hello,

Just bought a 2013 honda crv with 37000 miles a month ago. Car bangs when going from P to Reverse when on the slightest incline. Really loudly. No bang on totally flat ground. Car is whining like an rc car when accelerating especially in lower gears/high rpm. This is a traditional auto, not a cvt, but it sounds like my old nissan cvt when it started to fail. No noise in neutral or park. The noise is worst in lower gear. WHen I switch it to 1st gear on my gearshift it sounds like a rc car. Like a bad bearing in the tranny.

Also, ONE time, The car jerked hard at about 30mph when I went from brake to accelerator.

Do you think this is a transmission problem or this normal for this model crv?

I just got the car so i’m not used to it’s normal sounds.(It’s 100 percent not a wheel bearing, tire noise ect.) I know those sounds. THis is very unique whine. Steering is fine and it had a complete inspection. Also, tranny fluid was changed at dealership. Not a flush, but drain and fill.

This is insanely low mileage for tranny to be banging and whining.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Mike SmithMike Smith
      Participant

Transmission is fine. Had it inspected.

Ilse MoralesIlse Morales
        Participant

Did you find out what was causing the issue.
          I’m having a similar issue on a 300s.. I can hear a sound when going from P to R also..always thought it was normal & car jerks forward when braking (only when the car is not warmed up) mine also has 37,000 miles on it.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        Loading…