Menu

Honda Element mystery P2647 code

Home Forums Stay Dirty Lounge Service and Repair Questions Answered Here Honda Element mystery P2647 code

Tagged: , , ,

• Creator
    Topic
    Man Chiu YeungMan Chiu Yeung
    Participant

I have seen quite a few posts elsewhere from fellow Element owners about recurring P2646/7 codes.

Like me, many of them have gone through the recommended solutions but to no avail (at least not long-term). These range from checking, adding or replacing engine oil, to checking the V-tec valve/solenoid and in my case replacing it.

As with the others, none of the recommended solutions provided a long-term fix, with the problem (the engine choking at around 3000rpm and unable to go beyond that), relapsing (almost immediately in my case).

Like one other owner (on Reddit), I’ve noticed that wet weather seems to be one of the triggers.

On the original part, when it was removed I noticed no residue in the wire mesh filter but, upon inspecting the electrical connectors, there was a noticable about of oxidation on and around one of the contacts.

Purchased and replaced the part less than a year ago, and recently the same issue happened again. The “VSA” warning light came on as well as the exclamation light and the engine check light, with the OBD showing that a P2647 code had been thrown again.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    Loading…